A relationship between man, vine and land
Our vineyard in San Pietro di Feletto
Aerial view of the hills around San Pietro di Feletto
De Bernard was founded in 1948 in Bastia d'Alpago (Belluno), a small village nestling against the thousand-year-old Cansiglio wood. At the beginning in Bastia d'Alpago ferruccio de Bernard used to distill just Kapriol, a liqueur obtained from medicinal herbs and juniper berries and famed throughout the whole Alpine region. In the early 1950s, the estate was transferred to Conegliano where it started to produce sparkling Prosecco wine. By 1957, Prosecco De Bernard was already being exported to many countries, and even as far as Australia. In 1962, the state was awarded “Best Prosecco Wine” by the widely distributed magazine Quattrosoldi.
Mont Blanc tunnel workers celebrate with De BERNARD sparkling wines
QUALITY IS IN THE DETAILS
The man behind this peerless sparkling wine tradition based on absolute respect for its fruit of origin, the Glera variety, is Beniamino Maschio. In 2002, Maschio took over this beautiful wine-growing estate and cellar, carrying on the quest for excellence undertaken by the De Bernard family with great passion and enthusiasm. He further enhanced all of the current Docs, including the Conegliano Valdobbiadene Superiore Docg, a Treviso Doc, another Docg vintage and a rosè.